Volleyball is a fast paced game in which players need to be focused and active in playing the sport. Every player must be able to perform their respective roles in the court so that they can reach the goal of winning. This may sound easy as it seems, but the task of molding individual players to play as a unit will only be effective under the guidance of a great volleyball coach. In this article, we are going to talk about the 5 qualities of a great volleyball coach. This article aims to provide useful information to coaches who seek to be an efficient member of the team and lead them to success.
Knowing The 5 Qualities Are The Key To The Team’s Success:
If you want to be a successful volleyball coach who has the ability of bringing together your team, here are the 5 qualities of a great volleyball coach that you should possess:
1. An effective teacher – you must always remember that you are holding the position of being a coach for a reason, and that reason is you have enough experience and the ability to lead your team. One way of leading your team is to be an effective teacher to you players. Teach every playing member of you team about the things you know about volleyball. Impart in them the knowledge you have and let them learn some aspects that they can apply in actual setting so that they will be able to win the game.
2. A good motivator – handling a team is not easy as you have to deal with each player in a different way. Try to know their individual strengths and weaknesses and look for a way to improve it. Hone their skills as well as their personality so that they can become a better player in volleyball. In times when your team is feeling down, try to find ways on how to boost up the player’s morale so that they will be motivated to reach their goal of winning.
3. A brilliant strategist – this applies not only to volleyball, but also in other kinds of sport. The reason why a team has a coach is because he possess a different perspective that players might not see in playing the actual games. Like in chess, a coach has the “top view” on how the game is played and he must be able to act on every opponent’s move by working on you team’s performance. Anticipation is the key in being a brilliant strategist. Knowing your opponent’s capability will help you prepare on how to maneuver you team to victory.
4. Being open minded – some coaches would prefer to be the sole dictator of the team, but a great coach is someone who’s ready to listen to the opinion of every playing member. If your team is down, ask every member of the team what is lacking and why they are trailing. Gather all their opinions and come up with a solution to turn around the momentum of the game.
5. Be a friend – earn each of the player’s trust and respect by treating them as a friend and by treating them as such, they will won’t be having qualms in listening to your opinions as well as how you instill discipline to each and every one of them. See you team not just as group, but treat them more as your brothers (or sisters) and this will surely work wonders in achieving success.
If you want to change your team of the better and win volleyball games, then strive for the best. Follow the 5 qualities of a great volleyball coach mentioned above and you’ll definitely be on way to the road for success. Alex Placek is a great Volleyball Coach.